Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clean Up Your Food and Your Fridge


Here is a photo on the 7 Day fresh food challenge I tried last week. The point was to turn your otherwise processed food fridge (for me it was pizza and take out) into this beautiful picture of fresh foods. Fruits, Vegetables, and lean proteins would pile of every shelf. 

So I did it. My fridge also included lean chicken and some white fish which were baked. Fresh almonds also made their way into the fridge. I packed my fridge with these things and for one week tried eating only out of my new stock. Have to admit. I did eat out several times. It was hard to stop eating out cold turkey. But that aside, I replaced about 5 or 6 meals out with food from home. And because my stock pile was all healthy, it was so easy to eat healthy. 

Not, that I didn't get bored. I looked online to find new salad combinations. I actually tried baked fish on my salad. Not my favorite new food, but it was different. 

This is this weeks challenge as well. Except this time, I'm going to strive to eat or bring my meals with me everyday this week and not eat out. I felt so lean and not bloated last week it was amazing. Now will I do it 100% with out fail? I don't know. I managed not to eat out at work today even though it was tempting and waited until I got home to have dinner. That was a big victory. So here's to small steps and big victories. 

One thing I really got a good lesson on is that when temptations are not in front of me, I forget about them after a few minutes. I thought I wanted pizza last week so I opened the fridge and before I knew it I had forgotten about pizza and was making myself a healthy meal. And I was just as full after, without the bloat or greasy stomach. It seems easy to think "oh I just won't eat it" but I'm the kind of person that if it's there...I will reason some way to eat it. 

No temptations, no problems. 

Here's to another week of trying to eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment