Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Yummy Try Me Recipe

Howdy! So after posting some info on good foundations for eating. I wanted to share a recipe I found in one of my magazines. I subscribe to several fitness magazines to keep ideas flowing and motivation going from month to month.

I also love to see new research they look into and of course the products and tools for fitness coming out. But, subscribing to several magazines may not be something you do and they can all be found online. I just want to bring you things that catch my eye as I'm going. I'll always link it back to the original site I found it so you can explore more if you want!

This recipe comes from Women's Health Mag...and heres the original link.


I wanted to try a new dressing for salad and salsa seemed like a great idea. I also just discovered I like the sweet of cranberries in my salad. When I saw peach salsa in the recipe I was excited because its so different and has the sweet factor I was enjoying lately.

Adjusting it to the New Fit Body standards was easy! Instead of using vegetable oil, substitute that for extra virgin olive oil. Also, the chicken in the recipe we used was organic/free-range/grassfed to keep with the real and whole foods standards. 

Here it is!

Lettuce Cups with Chicken and Peach Salsa

Photo: Zach DeSart
Ingredients:
Serves: 8
              

  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • thinly sliced peaches
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
  • 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • leaves of butter lettuce
  • garnish with fresh cilantro

Directions

1.
In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add 3 thinly sliced peaches, 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno, and 2 cups cooked shredded chicken. Toss well. Divide among 8 leaves of butter lettuce and garnish with fresh cilantro.

Nutritional Facts per serving

CALORIES101.4 CAL

FAT3.2 G

SATURATED FAT0.6 G

CHOLESTEROL29.8 MG

SODIUM76.1 MG

CARBOHYDRATES6.9 G

TOTAL SUGARS5.2 G

DIETARY FIBER1.2 G

PROTEIN11.6 G

ENJOY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment