Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How to Do a Proper Squat

Leading a fit lifestyle includes exercising and of course, trying new things at the gym.

So starting to work out can be intimidating. So can trying out new exercises. No one wants to feel stupid while trying an exercise they have not done before. While learning to lift I'm sure I was the laughing stock of the entire gym, due to the fact that I had to read the instructions on every machine and learning how much I could lift by adjusting the weights every few minutes. Let's say I backed up some of the machines like 5 o'clock traffic some mornings. 

But, learning free standing exercises that are not on a machine can be trickier. Just because they don't come with detailed instructions. Often just watching someone else do the exercises, with out them explaining what they are squeezing or why they are standing a certain way for can be confusing. It can also injure you. Ask me about the medicine ball. Just kidding, it's still too soon. Ha! 

Here is a video I found helpful in learning how to properly squat and what to avoid to help prevent injury. No one wants to show off their New Fit Body in a back brace. Learning to squat has been so beneficial to me and I love squatting. In fact I've even started with variations using weights. If you're feeling ready, squat along.


SEE! Looks good right? My beginning exercises were three sets of ten squats a day, for three days a week. Now I do them once a week on leg day with weights. Be sure to do only as many as you can comfortably do and not injure yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment