Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Monday, July 22, 2013

Jump into Diet and Exercise Together

Howdy! I wanted to share this article because often I hear people say how hard it is to start a diet and exercise program all at once. Sometimes they just pick one or the other. This article highlights a study where diet and exercise going hand in hand produced better results than trying to start one and then the other separately. 

I say go all in. If you fail at one or the other...just keep trying again! My diet was a sore subject for me because I constantly struggled to not eat when I was feeling emotional or in need of a reward. When I fail I just start over again at the next meal. Mistakes don't negate the progress you've made. What has seemed to help me the most in my exercise routine, is when I work out I feel more obligated not to back peddle and ruin what I did earlier that day. The also goes for eating right. 



Let one encourage the other! If you mess up on one then you still have the other to succeed at next. One meal is one meal. Let's never forget that. If you miss a work out, you can always do something. 50 jumping jacks can make you feel better. If you eat a donut for breakfast, you still have lunch and dinner to nourish your body with great foods. Let these things work together and encourage the other. Here is a link to the article. 
http://www.exercisedaily.org/cgi-bin/details.pl?article_id=3481

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment