Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ode to Blueberries!


So today I'm going to pay my respects to a fruit that has captured my heart recently. I have always loved berries. Blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries are all foods I can sit down and eat a large tub of. But blueberries, even though I have always eaten them, have not always been at the top of my list.

Recently, the grocery store I go to has been putting frozen blueberry bags on sale. I am always more likely to reach for the mixed berry bags then any other frozen fruit bag. But most of them do not include blueberries. So, taking advantage of the sales, I purchased a large number of frozen bags of these blue fruits. 

But, I didn't know the best way to eat them in my smoothies. Until I ran out of mangos. I always mixed blueberries into my green smoothes along with other berries. My mango smoothie is always almond milk, frozen mango, and banana. When I went to grab the bag of mangos and got nothing but frozen dust, I figured why not try it with the blueberries. Heck, I had a ton of them to spare. And, if I didn't like it I could always start over. 

The banana, blueberry, and almond milk smoothie stole my heart. It is literally the most delicious new concoction I have come up with in so long. I was addicted. With one banana it is a creamy drink, and with two it makes a delicious "milkshake." 

So for anyone looking for a delicious summer milkshake like drink, this one is a total winner. I use unsweetened almond milk for my recipe. Try it! Besides tasting delicious, these small blue spheres pack antioxidants, vitamin k, magnesium, vitamin c, fiber and copper. Just a few of the wonderful benefits to these delicious fruits. 

Now, the goal is the find other great drinks to try it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment