Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

No Matter How Slow...


I really love this quote! And of course, it's one of the things I have to tell myself when I get discouraged and I realized my top speed for running isn't even in the presidential range for high school standards. I'm not someone who enjoys running all the time. Sometimes it feels good. Sometimes it feels like a chore. I try and gauge what day I'm going to have before I get on the treadmill and start. However, how I feel before I start running is not always how I feel when I finally start doing it. 

So why do I keep at it? Because running slow is still exercise. Running slow still means pushing my body harder than I would be sitting on the couch. I know it might be discouraging for anyone who cannot seem to excel at an exercise to keep trying. Believe me, running the the bane of my existence some days. But, that doesn't mean it's not worth is. It means you are still doing more for yourself than just sitting there wishing you were better at something. So who cares if you finish last? Believe me, it still feels good to finish the race. ( I would know, I have come in last plenty of times!) So go ahead, run slow. Dance awkwardly. Lift three lb. weights on your lunch break. You're still doing more than nothing. And that should make you feel good!

Living a Fit Lifestyle is a long term commitment to your health. It's building healthy eating and exercise habits for your life. And not ones based on fads. No matter how slow you go, changing your diet, or working out, as long as your moving towards your goals all of it counts. Never forget slow progress is still progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment