Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Food Trucks and Vegan Challenge Update



When I was in San Francisco I ate at my first food truck. There are so many varieties of food to eat. I couldn't get enough. Since then, if there is a food truck in sight I make a point to eat at it. They aren't always healthy or even serving the type of food I like, but the allure always gets me to try something at least.

So what is up with this food truck? This food truck is vegan and based in NYC! Such a great idea, because that was the first one I have seen. (Let's note that I don't go down every street looking,  I may have missed one.) But, now that I have heard about it, that will be my mission on NYC next time I visit. I want to eat at this truck.

http://www.thegreenradish.com/ Visit their website to get the full history. The owner wasn't always vegan but changed after being a vegetarian who only ate processed versions of real food. I think that's awesome seeing that my goal is to cut out as much processed food as possible. Not only does this truck share my love of learning to eat better, less processed foods, but also is apparently on the edge of being the next "cronut" craze creator.

http://www.refinery29.com/2014/02/63343/donart?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=post Check out the short article about these new baked crazes and see why they are setting a new trend. Of course these are vegan and I am so excited to try them. I hope for them, they make it big with their new concoction!

The spice of life is trying new things! Let me know if anyone tries these before I do!

Also, Update after my vegan challenge. I am so proud of myself for doing the challenge in full until Valentines day. I am very thankful for my friends who joined me on that journey. As far as continuing on with being strictly vegan I don't think I will stay 100% vegan. I however will continue to use the new meals I discovered because they were delicious and of course keep my meats and dairy to a minimum. The New Fit Body life style is conducive to both ways of eating and I really am happy for the experience.

Who knows, maybe I'll do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment