Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Monday, November 4, 2013

Plate Goals


While scrolling www.onemedical.com I came upon a blog post where they broke down a plate of someone who was both a meat eater and not cutting carbs. I really enjoy this diagram because it really puts into prospective how backwards I would like to align my own plate. It would be half pasta and other two quarters would be lean white meat. I would laugh out loud if it was a joke.

The best part of this plate is that exactly half if veggies which is easier for me to keep in mind when putting a dinner together. I know that half of my meal needs to be green or some veggie variety. I of course, like you have probably read, have been struggling to love veggies. So this is my new goal. Instead of just fitting veggies in, I will be making them half of every meal. That's a lofty goal. Of course I don't know if that's going to be accomplished right away, but the best way to reach a goal is to set on and start trying for it.

So here's to a half plate of veggies. Every meal. And by every meal I mean lunch and dinner. I will be having fruit for breakfast instead of veggies. In my opinion, veggies have no place at my breakfast table. Mornings are hard enough to stomach already. Ha. But, if anyone has any delicious recipes for veggies at breakfast, feel free to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment