Pages

Rustic Veggies 1

Friday, January 10, 2014

My New Years Lifestyle Change


So I know I've been struggling a long time with becoming a vegetarian, and yet I have not really discussed it. I don't like to discuss my lifestyle changes until I really make the decision and then settle on it for sure.

As you know for the last year I have been working on eating healthier by adding more fruits and veggies as well as cutting out deep fried food and then most processed foods. This has been challenging enough as it is. But, I have always moved between being a vegetarian and being a carnivore. I do love meat, but I don't know how I feel after I eat meat. It's the same feeling I get when I eat lots of breads and pastas. It's that backed up, nothings digesting feeling.

So, I consulted a friend who's been a vegan since our 9th grade year in highschool. I experienced so many great meals when we were at her house and loved that diet. I recently reached out to her and told her of my struggle to make the change. My biggest concern was of course how I was going to socially feel being a vegetarian. Then of course it was the temptations of "just this once piece won't matter." I also worried that I could eat enough because now I plan on running some 5ks this spring. With that is months of training and I don't want to consume less calories all day that I need. I don't want to get the majority of my calories from dairy because eventually I want to try being vegan.

Anyways, after much debate, I have decided to because a vegetarian. This is going to be my goal for the next year. The little food chart I found reminded me of how many other great foods there are besides meat. Variety is great.

No worries though, even though this is my lifestyle choice for now, I don't believe that it is healthier for any one person or another. I will continue posting all the health information I come across for all types of diets. My new years resolutions include being a vegetarian and cutting out processed foods! What are your lifestyle resolutions for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment